Williams Jet Tenders are the world’s leading jet tender manufacturer, and the UK’s largest boat builder of its kind, producing over 1000 boats per year. Our Global HQ and factory in Berinsfield, is where every boat is hand-built by a team of dedicated craftsmen, to the highest standards and with the latest technology.
We strive to continually innovate to produce the next generation of jet tenders in line with our sustainability strategy and work closely with industry partners to look at ways to help the marine industry provide environmental solutions.
An opportunity has arisen to join our prestigious and well-respected Company in South Oxfordshire. The role as Head of Quality, H&S and Environmental is a key position within our busy manufacturing and assembly operation reporting into the Board of Directors.
The role requires you to take a proactive and dynamic approach towards heading up of all quality processes and provide hands on support for the quality function within the manufacturing organisation.
Improve performance and compliance through implementation of H&S, Quality and Compliance management systems and processes including ISO45001, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and other current standards and legislation.
Using your skills and experience to promote a positive H&S culture across the manufacturing site, you will encourage and promote all staff to adopt and comply with current safety legislation and ensure safety policies and practices are adhered to.
You will work closely with all departments across the business to collect and process QA data and through analyses, use the information gathered to help drive up quality standards throughout the supply chain, production process and into finished product.
Lead by example to Mentor and motivate your team in pursuit of high quality and productivity, whilst aiming to create an exceptional working environment for all staff throughout the department and wider business.
- Create and maintain robust quality inspection and reporting processes that complements our manufacturing operation.
- To lead and provide clear guidance to the Quality team in pursuit of efficient process along with management of their daily workloads.
- Communicate NCR’s and quality information effectively and efficiently to departmental Managers and team leaders in pursuit of swift resolution.
- Provide Monthly summary reports of Quality and H&S data to the board.
- Carry out H&S risk assessments and indicate where risks may be reduced across the business.
- Conduct regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Prepare H&S strategies and develop internal policy.
- Lead in house training with Managers and employees about H&S issues and risks.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of HSE legislation and any changes that may affect the business.
- Ensure suppliers are meeting our quality standards. Use collected data to generate supplier metrics and work closely with purchasing and stores teams to help drive up supplier quality.
- Conduct regular environmental audits of factory processes.
- Promote an environmentally conscious approach to working throughout factory staff.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Educated to degree level and/or proven experience working in a Quality, H&S and Environmental role at a similar level in a manufacturing organization.
- IOSH or similar professional qualification.
- Experience in completing H&S management audits and implementing action plan to meet audit findings.
- Ability to organize workload effectively to meet time critical deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, responding to business needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Problem solver.
- Good communicator – be able to train and communicate instructions clearly and effectively.
- Good attention to detail.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ethical approach to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- First and foremost, working for a pretty cool company (not the ordinary)…a hidden gem!
- A culture where people matter and are valued for their contribution, where you are not just a number, but are known by your name.
- Good Pension.
- Social Club and Activities.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing after 5 years’ service.
- Salary Negotiable.
- Hours – 7am to 3.30pm with 30 minutes for lunch.
Organisationally your immediate superior is: Operations Director
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and updated CV to [email protected]