1.0 General Description:
Working in a team environment you will work on a range of products, as part of our finishing team, you will be engaged with the finishing and repair of gel coat surfaces and GRP composite mouldings to produce high quality finished components for our busy boat manufacturing line.
You will have knowledge and experience enabling you carry out gel coat repairs, trimming, filling, fairing and polishing to a high standard. An ability to work efficiently and effectively is the objective of all in the department in attainment of our production requirements.
2.0 Main Duties:
- Checking and identifying defects requiring rework.
- Repair to gel coat surfaces to remove imperfections/ joint lines from split mould tools.
- Fairing of surfaces.
- Polishing of gel coat surfaces to achieve high level of surface finish.
- Trimming of GRP components using air saws, routers and diamond cutting discs, if required.
- Sanding and finishing of cut edges using abrasives papers
- Maintain and promote high standards of workmanship.
- Assist in other areas of the manufacturing process as directed by the Team Leader for this section.
- Assist in the training of personnel including new composite operatives as and when required.
- Basic Housekeeping duties, including maintaining a tidy workstation and working area.
- Be accountable for your own work.
- Correct use of PPE.
- Uphold company HSE standards and report any shortfalls.
3.0 Ancillary Duties:
- To carry out such tasks and duties as may be required from time to time by senior management.
4.0 Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience of finishing GRP or paint finishes/ detailing.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Good team player being able to work independently or as part of a team when necessary
- Able to work to deadlines in a time conscious manner.
- Preferred, previous experience of working within the Marine, Automotive, F1 industry or similar high quality driven industry.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and updated CV to [email protected]